Restoration of monuments
The metropolitan chapter of the St. Vitus in Prague is the owner of a number of cultural
monuments that are under its management. The goal is the maintenance and gentle restoration of
the monument, with the maximum effort for authenticity and artistic-cultural value, according to the
modern approach of monument maintenance. The chapter understands the ownership of any
cultural monument as a continuous care for the public cultural heritage, and it strives to approach it
in the wider context, through a close interdisciplinary cooperation of the architect, restorer and the
representatives of the particular institutions.
Canon house nr. 62/10
The canon house (also called the chapter house) nr. 62 at the Hradcanske square in Prague 1 is originally a renaissance palatial building from 1596. The facade in the courtyard is decorated by a stunning renaissance sgraffito. A big part of the building was rebuilt in the baroque style during the 1st quarter of the 18th century, and its outer facade was complemented by new baroque accents. Currently, the house is under the cultural heritage protection programme, and it’s the seat of the Prague metropolitan chapter’s library, among other things.
In 2016 a renovation of the entrance gate took place, with the support of a purpose subsidy for the preservation or renewal of a monumental value and essence of a material object of the capital city of Prague.
Chapel of Holy Trinity
Chapel of Holy Trinity is an immobility located in the area of the former vineyard of the Hadovka residence in Prague 6 – Dejvice, in the Nad Komornickou street. The St. Vitus chapter became the owner in 1872. The chapel is a small baroque building that has been built after 1750.
In 2015, the steel entrance gate was repaired, together with all the window shutters and bars, the stone jambs around the windows and the marble threshold. A part of the financing of this project was covered by the Prague 6 district’s Program grant for the support of a restoration of a historically significant building or complex for the year 2015. In 2016, a complete restoration of the baroque pillar altar was executed. The restoration works were financed by the metropolitan chapter of St. Vitus cathedral and the Ministry of Culture of the Czech republic, as a part of the Program for the restoration of mobile cultural monuments in 2016. In 2016 began also the restoration of the illusive rococo fresco paintings done by Josef Navrátil in 1853. All that thanks to the Program grant for the support of a restoration of a historically significant building or complex for the year 2016 and Monuments grant for the preservation or renewal of a monumental value and essence of a material object in 2017.
Church and rectory of St. Apollinaris
St. Apollinaris church has been built by Karel IV. in the years 1360 –\xa01390. Ever since its beginning it housed a canon college, the so-called College chapter of St. Apollinaris, that has merged with the St. Vitus chapter in 1503. The church then became the property of the metropolitan chapter, and it has remained that way until this day. The single-nave gothic church was rebuilt in baroque style in the half of the 18th century. It did get its gothic style back during the purist reconstruction by Josef Mocker. During this reconstruction, the original gothic frescos from the end of the 14th century have been uncovered.
In 2013 the chapter together with the Ministry of culture of the Czech republic repaired the roof and the trusses and drained the south wall of the church. These repairs were done with the help of the Emergency program for 2013. In 2014 the facade has been repaired, and this was co-financed by the Emergency program for 2014 by the Ministry of culture. The facade of the rectory was repaired as well. It happened in 2016 with the support of Monuments grant for the preservation or renewal of a monumental value and essence of a material object of the capital city of Prague.
Spálené Poříčí castle
The St. Vitus chapter has purchased the renaissance castle in Spálené Poříčí in 1749. At the turn of the 18. and 19. century it was partially re-built in neo-gothic style, according to the modern historicizing fashion. Currently, the house is under the cultural heritage protection programme, and it’s being used by the chapter mainly for student accommodation during school trips.
In 2017 the entrance door in the northern wing of the castle are being repaired, along with some maintenance works on the original sgraffito facades in the courtyard and two renaissance entrance portals. These works are made possible by the Ministry of culture of the Czech republic under the Program for the regeneration of city heritage reservations and city heritage zones for 2017.
Lesní kaplička se studánkou u Netvořic
Kapličku nad studánkou nechal v roce 1936 postavit krejčí z Prahy pan Augustýn Sýkora, na památku své manželky, která ke studánce chodívala. Postavena byla za pouhých 8 dní stavitelem Antonínem Zemanem z Rabyně. Ke slavnostnímu vysvěcení došlo 19. července téhož roku za přítomnosti faráře Petra Sirotka. Za zmínku stojí také období německé okupace, kdy byla kaplička hojně využívána jako útočiště pro obyvatele Netvořic a dalších okolních obcí.
V současnosti patří kaplička i s přilehlým lesem, v kterém se nachází Metropolitní kapitule u sv. Víta v Praze. V rámci obnovy památek byla kaplička v roce 2017 na náklady kapituly komplexně zrekonstruována. Konkrétně se jednalo o provedení nových omítek a výmalby, odizolování vyzdívky proti zemní vlhkosti, nového omítnutí a voděodolného nátěru střechy, odstranění poškozeného dřevěného stropního podhledu a položení nové dlažby v interiéru kaple.